Thursday 9 October 2014

Thanks.

Thanksgiving weekend is upon us!

My most immediate thought associations with Thanksgiving are this: visiting family, enjoying autumn weather, and eating a lot of food.  But now that I'm thinking about it, I'm disappointed that I did not first think of giving thanks.  So, I am going to share with you the things I am thankful for as a part of the Birds and the Beans.

Firstly, I'm thankful for the opportunity to farm in such a beautiful and bountiful place.  Clean air and fresh water, healthy soil, and sunny weather-- I am so thankful to live in a place where I can be digging around in the soil every day, producing delicious food for the people around me.

Secondly, I'm thankful for people.  Thank you for your support, either as customers, friends, market buddies, whatever.  Especially our regular customers.  You are so encouraging and really make us feel appreciated.  This is a lovely place to grow and sell food.

Thirdly, for my business partners.  This season has not been without stress and troubles, but working with three other people makes it easier to carry a load and support one another.  So here's a shout out to my partners in crime-- cheers to working our tails off, some good laughs, and a lot of No-Fun-Fashion-Fridays (it's a joke, don't worry about it).

And of course, we want to help you celebrate your thankfulness.  Come appreciate the abundance of the Valley; get your trimmings for Turkey dinner at the Saturday Farmers' Market, at the exhibition grounds from 9 a.m. to noon.  We'll have everything you need for your Thanksgiving dinner (minus the turkey)!

No comments:

Post a Comment